Monday, February 7, 2011

Are you lonesome tonight?

Are you lonesome tonight,
Do you miss me tonight?
Are you sorry we drifted apart?
Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day
When I kissed you and called you sweetheart?
Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?
Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there?
Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?
-Elvis Presley


It's too painful to go into all the details, but I confronted Corey about the AM thing.  He said he was turning it off...we talked a little more about our situation.  He said something that really resonated with me: that he just wanted to spend as much time as humanly possible with his daughter. 

I realize I can't keep holding onto him or asking him to see me, because I'd be taking time away from his daughter.  I feel so selfish, and guilty.  I told him he was right. 

He must've thought we were going to be ok, because he started talking to me normally, like nothing was wrong, just making small talk.

But I think it's over. 

The fact that he hardly ever talks to me anymore because he's so "torn" between me and his family shows what his decision is going to be...
I don't think he knows it's over but maybe he does...maybe we'll never talk or see each other again, and maybe as of now we are forever gone from each others' lives.

Ryan has been asking to get together.  I am going to see  him later today.  Hopefully it will cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment